Friday, August 27, 2010

Culinary Experiments

While Heather is away on her mission trip, her sister (Mandy) and I are trying new culinary experiences. Last night I attempted to recreate Applebee's Three Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta. While it wasn't quite as good as the resturants (not yet at least), it was pretty good but the homemade bruschetta was wonderful. I LOVE tomatoes!

Today's culinary experiment involved a puff pastry that I had in the freezer, ham and swiss cheese - a ham and swiss puff if you will. It was good and I've eaten more than I should but I have placed the rest in the refrigerator for my husband to sample. On tomorrow's agenda are muffins. I'm not sure what kind yet, but I feel the need to bake.

I am embracing my new found freedom as (just) a mother and wife and have placed other things on the back burner for now. God has made me realize just how wonderful my life is and how much he has given me to be thankful for. I spend way too much time planning the future instead of living in the now - so my new goal is to seize the day! Time and time again I fall short of the goal that he has placed before me and I really want to do his will - so the one thing that I am certain of is his goal for me to be the best wife and mother I can be!

Keep a look out for how life's adventures keep our family returning to Him Thyme & Thyme again!

No comments:

Post a Comment